Saturday, September 29, 2007

Festival Gastronomica!

Last Saturday, me and some friends went into the city to participate in the Festival Gastronomica. By "participate" I mean EAT! I wanted to support Maputo's foray into city celebrations and thought it would be fun to take three of my boys, a couple missionaries and my friends Dario and Rita. Super fun - it was their first anniversary, and even though I had attended their wedding, I had forgotten the day. So it was a nice day out for them. The city blocked off the street along the marginal so we were near the bay. It was a lovely, sunny day, there was live music and lots of people. I was really pleased to see that the majority of people were Mozambicans, rather than foreigners. We did at one point think that it was a bit risky to eat food at a street fair in Mozambique and thought we might end up at a favorite restaurant but thought it was worth checking out. We had the most yummy grilled chicken, lots of salads and xima, a corn-based type of porridge, well, kinda. It was a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: