Saturday, September 15, 2007

Visiting Thabo at the Hospital

Our little Thabo has been in the hospital three months now. I confess there have been times when I've left his bedside that I thought I might never see him again. But although these photos show how devastated his little eight-year old body has been, I am confident that his spirit and will are strong and he has turned a corner so to speak. This banana was only the second time he'd eaten solid food in two months but the next day he began

eating soup! (If you can call that "solid" food!) He is delighted as he asks every day for pipoca (popcorn or salty snack), potatoes, meat - anything but the milk he's been drinking eight times a day. It's fortified milk for malnourished children and he was not responding as well as they wanted which is why he was on it so long.

This visit was also the second time he's been out of his hospital room. I think this is huge part of him feeling better and more spirited. He loves being outside and who can blame him?

Ultimately, I know that God created Thabo for a purpose and he knows the numbers of the days of his life. He knows the plans He has for him, and they are good. Please pray for Thabo that God will continue to sustain his life and fill him with hope and joy! Please also pray for my Educators who have been with him 24 hours a day for the last three months. They take turns with 24 hour shifts, sitting on a hard, metal chair and sleeping on a corner of his bed. I pray God blesses them richly for this act of service and love.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sean said...

auntie laura,
I cant believe the things you do EVERYDAY for these kids. it really makes me want to do something like that when i get stable. (just so you know)

Sean said...

auntie laura,
I cant believe the things you do EVERYDAY for these kids. it really makes me want to do something like that when i get stable. (just so you know)