Saturday, November 24, 2007

Baby it's cold outside!

Hello from chilly Oregon!  Last night it was 22 degrees - farenheit!  I've been going for walks nearly every day, which have been just gorgeous in the country, but have resorted to wearing gloves because a couple days ago my hands felt frost-bitten!  I am thoroughly enjoying the cold, especially when I can come into a warm house with a fire in the fireplace.  AND - bun-warmers in the car!  There was snow on the not-too-distant hilltops.  In two days I'll be driving to California and I really hope the snow stays on the hills rather than on the roads.

I had such a lovely Thanksgiving!  It was such a treat to be here for it after not being here for the last few years.  It was nice to celebrate with family, to share what we're thankful for in the year that has passed and it was really nice to eat the delicious (if I do say so myself) pumpkin cheesecake that I made!  Times like this make me miss my Kitchen Aid mixer in Mozambique!

I have so much to be thankful for!  God has blessed my life with so many riches, so much joy, so much beauty to behold!  I look forward to seeing what tomorrow holds!

No comments: