Saturday, December 15, 2007

A WARM welcome home!


I arrived home this evening to loads of darling boys, chanting, "Mana Laura, Mana Laura!" I couldn't even get out of my car, they just swarmed me - delightful! I met a new little one, who's name I can't yet understand, who they say is five but looks more like three, although he's very chubby and cute!


After lots of help carrying the bags and items in (during which they saw Spiderman goodies that I was planning to tuck away til June 1st but forgot were in plain sight in the car!) they couldn't wait for me to see the Bem Vindo Mana Laura display in the house - they had all made Welcome cards for me that were hanging on the laundry line in my house, so all the way across the room. I couldn't do another thing til I had looked at every card! Here's a few examples.


After I did that, I nearly ran to the clinic to see Thabo who looks SO much better!!! Praise God, I am so grateful to the Lord for sustaining his life. He's getting better all the time although still in danger. I'm excited to spend some time with him.


I thought I'd throw in a photo of my cat Puss Puss, whom I want to start calling CousCous, but anyway, she wants to be as close to me as possible, here she's squeezed herself into the only empty space near me. Cutie. My cats miss me too.


Lastly, one of my co-workers told me that another missionary heard one of the boys singing a little ditty this morning about Mana Laura! So nice to know they anticipate my arrival with joy!


Oh, the warm part also refers to the crazy heat - don't know what the temperature is but I don't think I've stopped sweating since I woke up this morning. I'm back!

3 comments:

Farrah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

How sweet of all your boys to make all those cards for you. It made me eyes water to think of much they must have missed you. They are so blessed to have you in their lives and you in return the love that flows out of those boys and touches you is amazing to see. Love you,Heidi

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.