Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rats!

So it's four o'clock in the morning and I hear this strangJanuary 2008 003e meow.  Didn't even think it was one of my cats!  So I turned on the light and there's PussPuss with her prize catch, a rat - at the time with his head still attached.  Having shown me, she then proceeded to bite the head off of it!  Well, it wasn't long after that before the whole thing was finished off without a bit of anything left behind!

I guess I should consider it a progress of manners that she woke me with a meow - last month, I awoke to the crunch, crunch, crunch of bones!

I really don't think these rats live in my house.  I've never seen droppings, or shreddings or heard scurryings.  I think she catches them outside and brings them as presents.  Such a thoughtful girl! 

2 comments:

intense_fragility said...

heard about the riots... i'm praying for you all...
may God keep you safe
<3sadie

Jodi said...

Hi Laura! I'm reading your blog but blogger doesn't recognize me or my user name - so I have to sign up a new each comment I leave. Ugh. It's a common blogger problem - and may be why you don't have more comments on your blog. So. . . it turns out our dog is quite a mouser. We had a family in our garage and he showed us where they all were (quite a sniffer and ears). He didn't eat them though - ew. . .