Thursday, February 21, 2008

Agostino and his Spiderman pillow

One of my darlings, Agostino, moved up to the next dorm last month.  But he's been in the hospital for the last few days, very sick with malaria and some other complications.  I trieIMG_6276d to visit him yesterday morning since I was in the city early to take some visitors to the bus, but I couldn't find him.  So I was determined to go today.  Well as we arrived, the nurse said,"he's better and you can take him home!"  Problem was, he didn't have any clothes, not even underwear!  For some reason, the nurses had told our Educator to take his clothes home.  Fortunately, I had a pair of shorts in the car, and a big towel so we were able to take him home decently. 

Perhaps I've mentioned before that I don't have the utmost confidence in Central Hospital.  I'm not quite sure why they released him, he was quite feverish and limping from a swollen foot that he injured days ago, unrelated to being sick. 

Anyway, we thought it best to bring him back to my dorm for the night because the missionaries over his new dorm are away in South Africa, and there's only one male Educator for that entire dorm (versus me and three female Educators living here in mine).

So I showered him up and now he's sleeping in the living room with Spiderman to keep him company. 

(When Antonio isn't guarding the cabinet, see below, she's guarding Agostino!  She always sleeps near the sick kids!)

Please pray for Agostino to get well completely and quickly!

No comments: