Friday, March 14, 2008

Blogging break

Hello readers!  I didn't realize it had been two weeks since I'd written anything.  I left for the United States the day after I wrote the last post and have just been caught up in all the goings on here in New Jersey.  I arrived on February 29th and hosted a surprise 70th birthday party for my mom which was fantastic, it all came together so well.  I'll do a separate post about it with photos too.

Since then, I haven't been doing too much but my mom has been really sick.  She has non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (has since 2004) and has had a very rough several weeks.  We've been in the ER a couple times and the two weeks I've been here, she's been out of bed about an hour or two a day, on average.  We went to her doctor today and they'll begin chemo again next Friday.  She currently has a bad case of shingles, which is what caused a halt to her chemo a couple weeks ago and has caused so much pain, as well as side effects of the medication.

We're of course hoping that the chemo will help and she won't have side effects, as she hasn't the previous two times.  Please keep my mom, Joyce, in your prayers.

3 comments:

intense_fragility said...

ah, shingles suck... i will be praying for her and your family.
-sadie

My name is Dianna said...

we will be praying down here in 'jaw-ja' (georgia), and no my accent isn't quite so thick;) i am glad you made it for her party, what a gift! talk to you soon!

pamelitarose said...

you look BEAUTIFUL in the picture!