Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Oops, I forgot to tell you I'm home!

Shame on me!  I've been back in Mozambique for one week and one day and I forgot to tell you!  I'll blame it on the disco in the community behind my house that is blaring it's music so loud and so often that it fogs my mind!

This has been a bit of a rougher adjustment back for me than normal.  I guess because my time home this visit was for the specific reason of caring for/being with my mom and even though I had lots of down time, it was still tiring.  And tough to leave. 

So I keep reminding myself, "slow and steady wins the race" and that there's no pressure to jump in and go wild right away.  God is so kind to help me remember to not carry this burden on my own and cast my cares on him for He cares for ME! 

So please say a prayer for me if you think of it.  And if you've been praying for my mom, she still needs you!  Larry called me last night to tell me she's back in the hospital, one week after beginning chemo.  She had a fever, an unexplained infection and they have given her a blood transfusion and several tests.

She's in a room by herself and everyone has to mask and gown up before entering.

But, the good news is, she's eating normally, looks and feels good too.  The best news is, her oncologist did a palpable exam on her abdomen and couldn't feel the masses that were there!  Praise God, He is so good!

No comments: