Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vanguard Girls

July 2008 019This is Sarah and Naomi who are students at Vanguard University in southern California.  They committed to come serve with me in my dorm for two months, May 14 to July 14.  Little did they know that they wouldn't be "alongside" of me the first month and they'd be here Sarahs photos 065all alone!  They arrived while I was in the US with my mom and just jumped in with both feet.  They stayed here at my house and did whatever they could to be a blessing to the boys, even with no Portuguese!  

 

They did such a great job and theNaomi's Photos 219 boys loved them and were sad to say goodbye yesterday.  It was so nice to have them here, helping with projects and the  Afternoon Program and mostly, just lavishing love on the kids.  

I am so glad I had the chance to get to know them and work with them!

No comments: