Friday, July 18, 2008

Welcome Elizio!

Joao hadn't even left yet when Elizio arrived!  July 2008 027He was brought to us by Social Welfare who found him abandoned a ways north of us.  But he says he's from Khongolate which is the district right next to us so I am hoping and praying that's true and we'll quickly find his family.  I pray this is a case of him being lost rather than abandoned and we'll be able to reunite them. 

July 2008 005 Elizio knows his full name, although I didn't quite catch it to write here, and he's five years old.  And, he is Scrappy!!!  They call him"esperto" here which means clever.  And that he is!  He has charmed us all immediately!

That's often the sign of a secure, well-adjusted child which gives me even more hope that he has a loving family who wants him July 2008 003 back!

Until then, we'll just have to try and keep Elizio and Elidio straight, both boys in Room 3!

(He got new shoes, a school shirt, toothbrush and cup and he exclaimed "Muitas coisas!"  which means "Many Things!"  )

3 comments:

intense_fragility said...

oh my goodness! he is SO ADORABLE!!

MoziEsmé said...

Oh - that name issue could get so confusing!

My name is Dianna said...

i pray my girls and boy will have hearts as grateful...we have a ways to go....i pray that our family would have the opportunity to be missionaries abroad and soon.