Saturday, December 27, 2008

Setting the captive free!

Today I had the privilege of cutting off these witchcraft cords from Miscellaneous 001 around the stomach of our newest boy.  What a joy I felt to be part of something so simple yet so profound. 

Many people, in their desire to protect their children from evil spirits, unknowingly entrust them to those very same spirits.  Cords of simple string are put around their stomachs and/or wrists, in the hopes of keeping sickness and evil away. I don't know much else about the process or ceremony.

I do know that "our hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness!"  Hebrews 7:27 says "He (Jesus) sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself."  No other sacrifice or appeasement is necessary!  Praise God! 

Please pray with me for freedom for Lucas from any lingering affects of witchcraft, things we've seen and what we haven't. 

No comments: