Monday, February 09, 2009

Hanging out with Sailors

Just an addition to my last post, I had the opportunity to join the sailors for a potluck in their honor at the US Marine Guard house in the city on Sunday night. 

It was a little intimidating to go by myself but I do know the captain of the Marine guard and his wife and they were hosting it.  And my friends Sarah and Betsy were coming after 7 so I decided to go.

I quickly got pulled into a game of dominos at the central table and you know, I didn't move from that spot all night except to get a plate of food.  Rodney, aka, the Dominologist, was the pro and I was feebly trying to learn.  I'm just not that good at math to figure out all the odds that quickly.  Anyway, I met a lot of fun people and it was so nice to be out of the center with totally new people talking about totally different things.  There was even some line dancing going on!

Now if I could just find someone to play dominos with me so I can practice my new skills . . .

No comments: