Friday, April 03, 2009

Cooking for Cuties!

March 2009 031

You might remember Lucas, our little Christmas Eve present!  Isn't he adorable?  Somehow, we got a donation of a Darth Vadar helmet which I think is completely incongruous but still tons of fun!  The boys enjoy it and want to ride the skateboard with it.

Lucas is still quite underweight but he is growing.  I think, although he's 6, he fits better in 1-2 year old clothes now rather than the 6-12 months he was wearing when he arrived.  Yay! DSC_1151

 

I make extra food for he and Domingos  to receive on top of their normal food that the rest of the dorm is eating.  I thought I'd show you a few photos . . .

 

March 2009 040

 

Here's Feliciano (who is obsessed with food!) helping me stir the pot of chicken/potato/peas.  I did give him a bit!

 

 

March 2009 038

 

Here's the chicken all done and the ground beef ready to be made.  Spiderman has left his quad - perhaps he is sneaking around for a bite himself!

 

 

March 2009 042 

The finished product!  Lots of little baggies of dinner supplements all ready for the freezer.  The ground beef made this many baggies as well. 

2 comments:

Andy, Amy & Addysen said...

Oh Laura! Bless your heart for making those additional meals for the children who need it. I can't beleive that he is so little. My daughter is so robust, fitting in to clothes that a 6 year old could probably wear, and she is 2 1/2! So seeing his little frame just breaks my heart. I'm so glad those children have you to care for them.

PS-- How appropriate is it that Lucas is playing with a Darth Vador mask, considering Darth is a character in a Lucas film!

Jennifer said...

It is great that Lucas has grown so much... in a year he'll be wearing young man's clothing with all that great food!