Thursday, June 25, 2009

German Engineering, Part Two

June 2009 017

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Perhaps it took a little of that engineering to get all this stuff and the three people in this truck?  We came upon this vehicle as we were leaving Pedro's and since I had my camera out, decided to risk feeling a little rude and took a photo, I couldn't resist! 

This photo really should have gone with yesterday's post but I felt it deserved a post of it's own!

The interesting thing is, this truck has South Africa plates, Gauteng Province, which is eight hours away!  They may not have come all that way, but almost certainly are coming from SA, which means at least three hours traveling like that!

Now it makes sense why people seeking a ride get so exasperated when we say we have no room!

Can you see the little girl in the middle?  And is the man on the right literally thumbing his nose at us???  I hope the man on the left didn't lose his shoes!

2 comments:

Claire Koenig said...

That's pretty funny. At first glance, it looked as if the legs on the left belonged with the torso in the middle. Perhaps my mind just heads to the grotesque too often.

Adele said...

I think it's pretty hilarious that you'd conclude that this group had driven from South Africa... Call me a skeptic, but with the amount of car thefts in my country, I usually don't look at SA plates in neighboring countries and assume it's a legally-obtained vehicle... But I could be wrong.