Saturday, May 08, 2010

Birthday Boys!

May 2010 076

Who doesn't love a party??? My boys sure do! Normally, we celebrate once a month but either, A. there weren't enough in a particular month to make a party very fun or, B. I wasn't organized enough to make it happen or, C. both!

Whatever the reason, on Friday, seven of my little darlings were beside themselves with excitement as they went to school, knowing that when they came home afterward, we were going to "festajar!" Our birthday parties are always lunchtime affairs with spaghetti, salad, soda and cake! (Well, it was really a muffin but shhh, they don't now that! They've never heard of a muffin!).May 2010 066

What was the part of the party the kids like the best you ask? The food, the games, the presents? Well, they like it all but I think this time, the hit of the party was . . . a Whoopie Cushion!!! A good old fashioned whoopie cushion! My word, they laughed so hard when I sat down on that cushion! They couldn't get enough of it - until it broke! Bummer! After about 30 minutes of fart noises and squeals of laughter, one of the boys inflated it too much and it popped when he sat on it. Well, it was cheap and light. May 2010 099

I never ceased to be amazed at how little it takes to make these boys happy. A packet of biscuits, a toy car, a balloon even and they are so happy! I can learn so much from them about contentment in the small things!

May 2010 062

Happy birthday Feliciano, Lito, Elidio, Sam, Antonion, Pedrito and Rafael!

I pray that as you grow another year, you grow in the knowledge and joy of the Lord's love for you and plans for your life!!!

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

What a wonderful promise for these precious boys!

1 comment:

Meghann said...

So VERY fun...I'm sad the clinic stole me away from this great party and these wonderful boys! But I know they had a blast with you and Rebecca!