Wednesday, December 08, 2010

He won't be there to meet me when I return . . .

PC241241

"God is always working to make His children aware of a dream that remains alive beneath the rubble of every shattered dream, a new dream that when realized will release a new song, sung with tears, till God wipes them away and we sing with nothing but joy in our hearts."  Larry Crabb

I'm still singing songs sung with tears but am comforted in knowing that there is a new dream God has planted "beneath the rubble of my shattered dream."  I'm not sure what that dream is yet, and sometimes I am not interested to be honest, but mostly my faith knows that God is going before me and he has my hand and is leading the way.

Meanwhile, tomorrow I fly back to Mozambique, although it will take me a few days to get there.  I would appreciate your prayers as I am feeling rather anxious about the transition back, primarily because it will require facing the reality that my little-y son Pedro won't be there to meet me when I arrive.     I miss him. 

6 comments:

Hope Is Alive! said...

Praying for you, Laura.

Mindy said...

Praying for you Laura! Hugs!

Meghann said...

Continuing to pray for you. And I for one am excited to know you'll be there to greet me when I get back. May God be your strength, comfort, and joy during this transition. I love you!

The Reeds said...

I'm so sorry. Please keep us posted as you ease back in.

Lisa Harris said...

Stopped by your blog to find out more about your life and ministry. Know that my prayers are with you as you return, knowing the loss you will be facing. He is always faithful. Praying for God's peace in your life today.

Lisa Harris

Nikita said...

Laura, that quote was pure poetry. I will, as always, be praying for your return and readjustment. I can't imagine how difficult yet exciting it is for you to return now, but I am glad that I will again have you as a connection to the place my heart remains. I hope to see you again in May when I return!!! God bless.