Thursday, December 16, 2010

Home in Zimpeto

Children's Day 2010 015

"Ma-na Lau-ra! Ma-na Lau-ra!"  The shouts may have been heard as far away as the city!  I arrived in the center Monday afternoon as a passenger in Mana Tracey's car.  Several of my boys who were playing near the driveway paused their play to see who was coming up the drive.  When they saw me, they began shouting my name and then ran behind the car all the way to the middle of the center, their little feet pounding like elephant's hooves the whole way.  Wow, such a wonderful welcome.  I could barely squeeze out of the car to begin all the hugs and kisses and listen to all the goings-on since I was last there.  "Mana Laura, our new "baby" (he's 3 1/2)!"  "Mana Laura, I passed my class!"  "Mana Laura, I'll be starting Grade Two!"  "Mana Laura, our new boy, Edson, he stole two little cars from your house!"  "Mana Laura, I've missed you!"

They are so love-ly and to love-ing and I am richly blessed to be here serving them!

I am adjusting slowly and would describe my emotional state as somewhat fragile, a bit of an unknown for me.  But there are a lot of little reasons that keep me pressing ahead.  And I try to cling to the promise, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"

February 2010 017

2 comments:

Nikita said...

Oh, Laura, that sounds like such a wonderful welcome back! I can just picture it. :) I love the pictures of the boys--Shelton is so adorable! As always, praying for you.

Nikita said...

Laura,
I know it's been hard for you lately, and your life has been a bit here and there lately. These two things have been working on me today and I feel a nudge to share them with you in hopes that they will encourage you as well: 1) Listen to the song "Washed by the Water" by Needtobreathe and listen to the lyrics; 2) Read Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. These put my mind and heart in perspective today and put me at ease with a lot of things tonight. I pray that they will help you as well. I love you and all your darling boys. Merry Christmas!