Friday, December 31, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Christmas 2010edited 256

What a fun day we had here in Zimpeto, Mozambique!  Everything went so smoothly and I am really grateful for that as I was still trying to get my head around it, ten days after returning from the US! 

35 outfits, 35 presents, 35 drinks, one big bicycle, one tricycle, three soccer balls, three dvds, a tonka truck and a reindeer headband = a successful, joyful Christmas!  It's hard to tell whether the presents or the massive chicken dinner that follows is the most popular part of the day!  You can look at the photos and try and decide!

Christmas 2010 303

The world over, kids love video games!

Christmas 2010 314

Neto is all smiles in a sea of boys and their presents!

Christmas 2010 334

Jerome and the rest of the boys love the chips and sweets!

Christmas 2010 350

Shelton is enjoying one of the dolphin toys I found at a thrift store in the US for .25 cents each!  Score!

Christmas 2010 224

Room Three Pumpkins, the youngest bunch!  They LOVE that there are skateboards on their new clothes!

Christmas 2010 222

No one would blame you if you started humming, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" when you see this! Click on it to see a larger photo with Pai, in black in the center, missing his teeth.

Christmas 2010 217

Silly boys, tricks are for kids!

Children's Day 2010 143

That's a lot of chicken!!!

(Obviously, that's for the whole center, not just my boys!)

Christmas 2010 378

Sam is doing his best to eat all of his!

I hope you all have enjoyed a Christmas as lovely as mine has been (although much cooler I hope!), giving away love and blessings to those who appreciate it so much!

A special Thank You to Rock Harbor Church in Costa Mesa, California for helping sponsor our Christmas celebration this year!  We appreciate all of you who give sacrificially to help provide for these precious boys.  May God bless you richly in return!

3 comments:

Nikita said...

Aww, that's amazing! I love the pictures! It looks like the kids had a great time. I can't wait to get back there to give them all hugs!!!

Marcia Francois said...

I missed you, Laura!

It always warms my heart to read of your love for these little guys, and how much they appreciate small things.

On the other hand, I get a bit sickened by the thought of the piles of gifts I've seen under trees for kids in the US....very sad.

Laura said...

Hi Nikki and Marcia! Nikki, you have to let me now when you are come back! Marcia, I haven't been writing much but I have been reading your blog most of the time I was away. I need the inspiration now more than ever, being gone for six months is like starting all over again! Anyway, I agree about all the presents in the US, it really is sad. I hope you and the twins and your hubby had a wonderful Christmas!