Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New York, New York!

Summer 2010 192I was looking thru some photos from my time in the US and came across these from my day trip to New York City with my cousin Maureen. 

We drove from my mom's house in NJ to meet up with a commuter bus right into Port Authority. Spent the day touring on the hop-on/hop-off bus tour, had a great time and got home by around 10pm.

 

Is this not classic New York city??  All those taxi cabs!

Summer 2010 209 Summer 2010 202.1

The amazing Empire State Building. Summer 2010 124.1 

I've been fiddling around with editing, in case you couldn't tell!

At nighttime? 

No, just fiddling to make a not-great photo a little better.

Any tips anyone?

I get so lazy about editing but it can make a good photo so much better and a poor photo pretty good.  Fun!

 

 

Summer 2010 125

I don't know why but I love this photo and this angle!

Summer 2010 185 Summer 2010 118

Me and Maureen, one of my favorite people in the whole world and must be one of the best travel buddies - she's so fun and so easy going!  Where should we go next Maureen?

Summer 2010 148

My mom used to take the State Island Ferry to work in Manhattan every day!  A real live New York City girl!

Summer 2010 191

There's not much I can say, during a post about a light-hearted tourist visit to New York city, about the tragedy these three photos represent.

Summer 2010 220 Summer 2010 239 

I couldn't help but wonder over and over - what would Mozambicans think about this crazy city with it's masses of people, traffic huge buildings and billboards everywhere!

Summer 2010 189.1  

Nice to visit - but I wouldn't want to live there! 

But I will be back again sometime soon I hope!

Who wants to go with me next time?

1 comment:

Marcia Francois said...

NYC is still on my list! Fantastic angle you got :)