Thursday, May 05, 2011

He would have been 15

 Pedro's birthday 2010 009 Pedro would have turned 15 on Sunday.  It was a hard day for me, in fact this whole week has been quite emotional.  I've been teary, sad, happy, impatient, snappy, even yelled.

I keep thinking, what would we have done to celebrate this year?  Where would we have gone and whom would he have wanted to invite?  These photos are form last year when we went to a safari park, see the giraffe in the background??Pedro's birthday 2010 063

I didn't go to church.  May 1 is also our much-loved directors birthday and for the last three years, he has included Pedro in his celebration.  They always get sung to together at church and the Lazars have invited us out to celebrate with them.  I couldn't face being at church and everyone singing to Steve and Pedro not being there too. 

I miss him so much.

I think about what things we would be talking about and new adventures we would have together.  We were trying to learn all the countries in Africa when he died.  What would we be learning now?

Would he finally be taller than me?  I think he would have. 

I miss my sweet boy.

Africa 2010 188

Our last photo taken together, June 2010

2 comments:

The Reeds said...

I'm so sorry... Thanks for processing here with "us".

Marcia Francois said...

So sorry for you during this hard time but hey, give it to God. Rant! Cry! Vent - He's got big shoulders, He can take it.