Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I broke the record!

September 2007 014 

Well, my record  . . . for living the longest time in one place in my whole life!

I just today realized that I've lived in my home in the boys' dorm for nearly seven years (in August) and that is the longest I've ever lived in one home! I couldn't believe it, but it's true!

I've been here in Mozambique for 8 1/2 years but I moved into the  dorm after I'd been here 1 1/2 years.By the way, that gorgeous photo above of my living room right after it was painted?  It doesn't really look like that any more!  The table and chairs were given back to their owner (they had been on long term loan), the plants died while I was on a trip to the US and lots of little boy things have taken over much of that space!  But you get the gist of it!                           

                                                  Here's me in my back door!

image

 

And here's my kitchen, taken from my bedroom doorway. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

012_NCC_090315_2232

I walk thru that gate in the fence, into our dorm and my home, countless times a day - I can hear that gate in my sleep!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congratulations Laura : )! Those boys are so lucky to have had you break your record for them. Well done good and faithful servant...