Sunday, July 03, 2011

Something for Sunday - My First Meme

The instructions with this are to bold the ones you've done, leave the others in normal type. So here goes. I'm in a meme mood tonight, I guess.

1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii (yay, Carolyn)
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world (year pass baby!)
8. Climbed a mountain.

9. Held a praying mantis (and disentangled a Bic pen from the leg of one!)
10. Sang a solo (Blessed is the man who does not walk with the wicked . . . Thanks Terry!)
11. Bungee jumped

12. Visited Paris (yay Anita and Katrin!)

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child (in my heart)
16. Had food poisoning (I don't hot it against Taco Bell!)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (elevator!)
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (thanks Anita!)
20. Slept on an overnight train (thanks Deborah)
21. Had a pillow fight

22. Hitch hiked (and lived to tell!)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb ( a goat and I'm counting it!)
26. Gone skinny dipping

27. Run a Marathon (

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29 Seen a total eclipse (just about a week ago with Celia and Sonia)

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run (as if!)
32. Been on a cruise
33 Seen Niagara Falls in person (thanks Mom!)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (half of them!)
35. Seen an Amish community (thanks Mom and Sally and Maureen)
36. Taught yourself a new language (portuguese!)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person (thanks Anita)
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David (thanks again Anita)
41 Sung karaoke (Devil Went Down to Georgia with Sean!!)

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. Visited Africa (lived in Africa??)
45 Walked on a beach by moonlight

46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted (no, but I've been drawn)
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris (Anita yet again!)
51. Gone scuba diving or
snorkeling (thanks Katrin!)
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater (there still is one in my hometown)

55. Been in a movie (only the home movie variety-- birthday parties, children being born, etc.)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class (only a self-protection class)
59. Visited Russia (Ukraine is this year though!)
60 Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies  (but I've bought plenty!)
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason (Oh Patrick!)
64 Donated blood
, platelets, or plasma
65. Gone sky diving (would love to do this too... but I'm waiting...)
66 Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp (Terezin)
67 Bounced a check (too many, sad)

68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar

72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London

77. Broken a bone (thanks a lot Jim Lane for breaking my finger in elementary school)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle

79 Seen the Grand Canyon in person (with nephew Sean and Kim)
80. Published a book (no, just a photo book, not the same thing at all!)
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (you could have read all about it on this blog but weirdos stalk me for it so the post is gone.)
88. Had chickenpox

89. Saved someone’s life (no but someone saved my life, right Anita and Aleta?!?)
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee (and am fact, allergic)

2 comments:

The Reeds said...

Terezin also. What are the chances? And the weirdos who stalk you for your own meal preparation has peaked my interest! My biggest search hits for our blog are: Jiggers and SeaFoam Green...

Weird right?

The Reeds said...

Laura,
Nope, we're still pregnant! It feels like an eternity is played out waiting for this baby to come, yet women do it all over the world all the time. *sigh*. I will def. do a meme! It may take me a week or two as I have a few posts scheduled right now just in case we have her any day. but I will do it! I lived in Prague itself for five years. It was beautiful (of course)... I went from there to the middle of nowhere Africa. It was quite a shock to the system! Then from there to Texas.. Well. you can imagine the shock. Wow.. that search that led to the deletion of your post just shows the state of brokenness doesn't it?

How I see those numbers, when I'm under posting or layout I click on "My Account" on the top far right. From there I scroll down under "My Products" (you can edit these) and I have "Webmaster Tools". I added these sometime ago and don't remember how- I do know you need to "activate" your blog on there but it is quite easy. Once you've done that- you can click through it's options and it shows numbers, days where you have the highest hits etc. It's just fun though I def. don't check it regularly or even blog regularly. :/ Let me know if that is totally confusing. if it is I can e-mail you with screenshots. Hope you have a great 4th today!
Georgia