Saturday, October 22, 2011

Chefe Appreciation Lunch

September 2011 018 

So all you lovely readers must realize that I don't raise my darling boys alone!  Not only do I have my Tias ("aunties" in Spanish, the Mozambican women who work in the dorm with me) but I also have young men who come and help, known as "Chefes."  They are sort of like Resident Assistants in college dorms.

Will you believe me when I tell you all of these young men used to live in my dorm?  Can you believe my darling boys dare to grow up into handsome young men???  I can't believe it!

Anyway, Natalie and I wanted to take these young men out for an appreciation lunch at a nearby restaurant.  Unfortunately, the servers neglected to mention that they weren't prepared to start cooking when the boys arrived and ordered so after 1 1/2 hours, when I asked if the food was almost ready, they said they hadn't started yet!  Crazy!  This restaurant, in the best of times, takes        1 1/2 hours to give you your food after your order so this meant we had waited 1 1/2 hours already and had at least another 1 1/2 hours to go! 

Sadly, Natalie and I both had other obligations so we couldn't stay but the boys opted to wait and eat their chicken and pork filets and french fries and salad and soft drinks.  People are patient in Mozambique!

No comments: