Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

image

What a wonderful holiday we have here in the United States every third Thursday in November!  I try to cultivate a grateful heart all through the year but it is nice to have a special day set aside every year to give thanks.  This year, I am thankful for:

1.  My mom's health has stabilized and she is doing quite well with chemo only once every other month.

2.  Although my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer this year, he has done quite well overall and right now is feeling better than he has all year.  We're praying the clinical trial he is approved for will help him.

3.  A new car!  Wahoo!  So blessed that my dad and Judi gave me a car.  It is so much easier to have a car when I am here in the US for visits.

4.  A check off the Bucket List - because I got a new car, I had to drive it cross-country, something I have always wanted to do.

5.  My cousin Maureen who is the most wonderful cousin and friend a person could have!  So blessed she helps me all year with the practical side of things that allow me to be in Mozambique and also that she went Road-Trippin with me!

6.  My three wonderful nephews and my sister - wish I could see them more often but grateful I got to see Randy while on the Road Trip.

7.  My Pedro - although he has been gone over a year now, I remain grateful every single day that God blessed me with him in my life.  I am also grateful that God has met me in my sorrow and helped the pain to subside.

8.  My darling boys - I am so blessed to be able to work with my little munchkins in Mozambique.  It's always a challenge but always a delight!

9.  Wonderful friends who partner with me in this adventure I am on, financially, in prayer and in encouragement. 

10.  God's provision in every area of my life.  He has been faithful to provide for us financially during tough economic times, he has provided me with his love and presence and his most wonderful gift of my salvation!  I love this life he has given me!

I have a rich life!!

image

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

Happy thanksgiving! What are your plans?