Sunday, November 27, 2011

My smart boys!

DSC_0139 (2)

My boys ended the school year at the end of October and the best kids in class are always awarded little prizes, for first, second and third place.

This here is Jose’ and he is BRIGHT!  He takes after his older brother, Lito, who used to be in my dorm but has moved up with the older boys.  These boys are, I believe, the smartest kids their age in our whole center!

I’m praying they can be reunited someday with the people they inherited their smarts from!DSC_0054 (2)

 

This here is Pai, affectionately known as “Piece of Pie” Pai by me every time I say his name.  Lots of the boys copy me now.

One question Pai:  where are your shoes???

 

 

 

 

DSC_0075 (2)

It is no surprise that Shelton B. Belton is one of the smartest kids in his class.  Oooorrrrr, is he so cute that his teachers just give him good grades?  I might not blame them if they did!

Please keep our kids in school in your prayers, the education system in Mozambique needs a lot of support and restructuring which is a slow process in a developing country.  They are getting better. With my boys, 31 of them don’t go home to their individual supportive parents to help them with their homework and try to create a learning environment.  That’s up to me and my Tias and as you can imagine, with 31 of them, I can’t really do that like I’d like to. 

Educators – any ideas welcome!!!

4 comments:

Samantha Peat said...

Bahaha! Where are Pai's shoes?!? Perhaps they flew off in a fit of pride?
Cute photies! That photographer sure is talented... I almost typed sure as "shure". I'm special.

Nikita said...

Aww, they are so smart! And Shelton is super cute! Just to clarify, Shelton B. Belton is a nickname, right? Or is that really his full name? Oh, and I love "Piece of Pie" Pai! So funny.

Laura said...

That IS a talented - and prolific - photographer! Shelton B. Belton is just one of my nicknames for him!

Heidi said...

Love those bright boys! They are so precious!