Saturday, December 17, 2011

Thank you Garrett!

DSC_0226 (2)When I made plans to head home for Thanksgiving (and a few weeks on either end!), I wasn’t sure who would look after my boys while I was gone.  My wonderful co-worker in the dorm for the last year, Natalie, left just before I did and sadly, she won’t be back with us any time soon as God has her traveling thru South America with an Iris team.

But a young man named Garrett was just applying to come for a year’s time after graduating high school and before starting college.  So the directors asked if he would be willing to oversee my dorm and he said yes!

I want to say a big Thank You to Garrett for accepting this challenge and taking it on with what I have heard is his whole heart!  It’s a big work to jump into being responsible for 31 boys and work with the Tias when you don’t speak the language, and you don’t know the culture.

Good thing Garrett is fluent in at least one language other than English – boy wrestling language!  Garrett is a wrestler and I’m sure the boys just loved playing with him every day.  Mana Laura does not wrestle!  She tickles but she doesn’t wrestle!

It’s been great having a guy to be with the boys and I hope Garrett is able to carry on working with us for the rest of his time here as well!  It sure looks like Lucas, in the photo above, will be happy to keep him!

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

What a blessing!!! I hope God really blesses Garret.. and calls him back!?