Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hope for the Future

IMG_0268“If we cannot envision a better future, how can we consciously make the choices that will get us there?”

I read this in one of my books for my classes called “Resonant Leadership” by Boyatzis & McKee.  It really struck me in terms of my work here with the boys.  Too often, I have had fairly vague wishes, like “I wish I could teach them to read” or “I wish they wouldn’t break everything in sight” or “I wish they would have a conversation with me instead of a running list of who did what to whom!"

I’m praying for increased vision for my work with my boys, imagining what is possible and trying not to get bogged down by what I don’t yet see.  And I want to follow that up with conscious choices that will help me walk toward that vision.

Hebrews 11:1 says “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

Please pray with me for increased faith and vision for raising these precious boys God has entrusted to my care.

What are you envisioning and are you making conscious choices to help make it happen?

IMG_0287

(This is little Joseldo who was nine weeks old when these two photos of him were taken.  He weighed 2.4 kilos which is 5.5 pounds.  That was after he’d been with us for a time and had begun gaining weight.   I chose these photos because we certainly need vision and hope for the future of little precious ones like these that come to us.  He’s not in my dorm yet but someday, not TOO long off, he will be!  I want to keep growing and dreaming and choosing to make a home for my boys that helps fulfill the vision that God has for their lives!)

No comments: