Monday, October 22, 2012

Surprise! I still have a blog!

IMG_4962Hi Friends!  Sorry I’ve been so out of touch.  Although I have things going on, I realize that I have this pattern every so often of disappearing from blog-land.  I always resolve not to disappear again but it seems to keep happening!

Well,I’m jumping in right where I’m at. I think that is one of the things that prevents me from starting again, as I always feel I need to start where I stopped and play catch  up.

So, without further ado, a little family photo album of my road trip with my mom from Oregon to San Diego to Las Vegas!  (but the photos are in the opposite order, oh well!).  That’s me and her at the top in New Jersey, the day before we left for our grand adventure!

IMG_5052Above is me, my youngest nephew James, sister Sandra, middle nephew Sean and my mom.  We missed you Randy!!

IMG_5047

Sean and Grandma, looking sharp in black!

IMG_5046

Me and James – when did he get so grown up?  I guess ten years in Africa will do that to ya!

IMG_5057

Me and my sister Sanda, the bright spots of color!IMG_5032

In Oakland, my mom (left) and I got to have lunch with my three aunts, Bernie, Barbara and Norma and two of my cousins, James on the left and Mark in the middle.   I love these ladies!  What a treat to have them all together!

IMG_5019

We stayed with my cousins Donny and Ann in Burney and spent one night with them in Reno too.

IMG_4967

Up in Oregon with little Grace Lou Hoo, my cousin Alison’s darling daughter. 

We had a really good road trip except for some hiccups for my poor mom.  She fell a couple times, was sick one night but quickly recovered but then ended up getting quite sick at the end of our trip.  She had to cancel her visit to my oldest nephew in Texas and fly straight home where she’s still not recovered.  Please say a prayer for her that she improves fully and quickly!

But it was nice to take her to see so much family she hasn’t seen in a long time.  Love you Mom!

1 comment:

Nikita said...

I was wondering what happened to you!...just kidding. I think as long as you're living life in the real world, it's okay to take a break from 'blog-land' every once in a while. but it's good to hear from you again.