Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Missing Pedro

I was cleaning out some things this week and found this bag I had been collecting for Pedro before he died in 2010.  I have come across is before and just left it where it was, in a bottom drawer, under some other rarely used things, not yet ready to deal with it.

This time I decided I was ready to open it up and pulled out several shirts I had been collecting for him and a pair of socks.  The socks really got to me – they are a bit of a luxury here, for kids especially, and he loved socks.

But I also decided it was time to let these things go and bless another child.  With the boys moving up this week, I wanted to give them each a new shirt so that’s how I decided to use these.

IMG_5484These clothes were never Pedro’s so they don’t remind me of him in that sense.  But I had saved them for his near future and it still hurts to know that future never came, he never grew into these clothes.

I kept the bag.  I hovered near the garbage bin and then near my “stuff to take back to the US bag,” back and forth, then just stuffed it in the US bag.  One thing at a time. 

I miss my sweet boy.

5 comments:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Laura, I remember the day you posted about Pedro's death. Even though I didn't know him, I was deeply saddened. I'm glad that God has allowed time to heal your heart and that you have continued to be a blessing to so many others. xoxoxo

The Reeds said...

I'm so sorry Laura. And you're right, one step at a time.

FlyRedButterfly said...

Sending big hugs and praying that God would continue to heal your heart xo

Laura said...

Lori - So nice to hear from you again! are you still in Doha? I have you in my newsfeed but perhaps there is an error because nothing ever posts. Thank you, to you and Georgia for caring when we've never even met.
Clare, thank you! You give great hugs!

Marilyn said...

Yep, I can see how hard that was. Sigh. But I'm glad you gave the clothes to others so they could be blessed too.