Friday, March 01, 2013

An Anniversary Celebration

IMG_5691

What a fun night out to dinner to celebrate me and my ten years here in Moz with some of my lovely friends!  Wendy and Tracey asked me to dinner to celebrate and I have looked forward to it all week.  In fact, it made the day kind of feel like my birthday!

It was so nice to get to Sophie’s Restaurant discover several other friends were invited!  What a great surprise!

We had fun talking about Top Ten Things about Moz and Least Ten Things about Moz as well.   On the way home, we started my Top Ten Weird Things about Moz which had us laughing the whole way, but that list will have to be continued!

Sarah and her husband Roberto brought me a gift of ten of several items that are quintessentially Mozambique.  Ten bajeas (not pictured cuz we ate them-the black bag represents them), ten loose candies you can buy anywhere at any time from anyone, ten Mcel credit vouchers you can buy from anyone, anywhere at any time, ten “caldo” packets, which is chicken bouillon – the red and yellow rooster packet is famous here!  And, reminded them of me in Mozambique – ten cans of Coke Lite!  So clever!IMG_5703

Thanks for treating me to dinner friends and being such a special part of my life in Mozambique!

(Bonus:  the weather being cool enough to wear my hear down for a nice dinner out!)

IMG_5678

5 comments:

Debbie Crawford said...

I hope my husband and I will be able to celebrate 10 years working with the Mozambique people too!

Laura said...

You're already on your way! If that is God plan and timing for you, you will! Maybe we will meet sometime! blessings, Laura

Nikita said...

Will you share your "Ten" lists with us? I would love to hear about them!

Marcia Francois said...

Me too, Laura, I also want to see your 10 lists :)

Congrats!!!

Laura said...

Hmm, I will have to try and remember what my "ten" lists were!