Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter 1985 and 2013

Easter 1985 - I went to church with my cousins, Jeff and Maureen Siegel and that began my relationship with Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.  In October of that year, I told the Lord, “I want to serve you every day for the rest of my life” and although I haven’t done that perfectly, I have never turned back.

Easter 2013 - we had church on the soccer field for our center and also for whoever wanted to come from the community.  Our director Steve asked for a volunteer from several categories, including missionaries, to share a brief testimony of Easter in their lives.  I nearly ran to the front, no other missionary stood a chance!

I briefly shared my life before – high school dropout – twice! – drugs, drinking, smoking, etc., and my general rebellious attitude toward life.

Then I shared how my cousins invited me to church on Easter in 1985, and my life has never been the same since.  I am so grateful for my eternal life but also for my new life here on earth.

The crowning moment – one of the boys here in the center, a teenager now, who used to live in my dorm, sent me a facebook message to tell me he was blessed by what I shared.  Then he wrote, '”Thank u 4 caring me when i was young.”  What a blessing!

Thank you Lord for the meaning of Easter!

5 comments:

The Reeds said...

Thank you so much for sharing that. Praise the Lord for His work in our lives! I had no idea. I'd love if you shared more.

Debbie Crawford said...

What a blessing! Happy Resurrection Day!

FlyRedButterfly said...

That's such a cool story Laura!! Happy Easter :)

Laura said...

HI ladies, thank you so much for writing! Georgia, sometime I shall share more since you encourage me to! Happy Easter!

Nikita said...

That's amazing. I'm always amazed to find that some of my most devoted Christian friends led such a drastically different life before meeting Jesus! Praise Him!