Friday, March 15, 2013

“Hmm,” I thought . . .

THIS:

DSC_0006

doesn’t look like

THIS:

Tomato Chickpea Curry with Kale

(Please don’t mention that might have something to do with the styling and photography!)

Then I went back and re-read the recipe and saw it called for HALF a 28 oz can of whole tomatoes, not a whole one.  Well, I’m sure it will still taste good, just a little more tomato-y than curry-y.

DSC_0004The nice looking photo above is from The Yellow Table blog, which I’ve just discovered and looks great.  She is hosting March Wellness and I thought I’d be inspired.  This recipe was truly SO easy, I will definitely make it again – with half a can of tomatoes!

I think I will even make it for the boys for their Afternoon Program snack next week.  Hope they like it!DSC_0014

By the way, it’s delicious as is, especially with some creamy, cool guacamole topping it!

(PS: I really can’t stand plain chickpeas/garbanzo beans on salad for example but really like them in dishes – give them a try if you think you don’t care for them.)

No comments: