Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My Precious Pedro . . .

June 2010 021

The love of my life would have been 18 today.  This was the last photo I took of him, too young, before he died at 14. 

What would he look like, sound like, act like today?  Would he have a girlfriend?  Would he have passed all his years of school, notoriously hard to do here without bribes?  But he was the top student in his Grade 7 and passed that without any bribes, in fact, didn’t even have to sit the final exams since he was so far ahead of others. 

Would we be living in the US, getting ready for him to start Uni?  Would we be fighting like cats and dogs or having as much fun as ever, singing Saturday’s All Right For Fighting and playing backgammon, cooking our second breakfast and second dinner? 

Oh my word, would HE be driving???

I miss Pedro every single day.  I also thank God for every single day I had with him. 

3 comments:

The Reeds said...

Oh Laura.. I'm so so sorry... What word, what scripture is right in a time of pain especially when the words are black and white on screen?

I know that He meets us in our sorrow and his burden is light. I know he is no stranger to suffering and that our hurt matters.

I'm so so sorry. I wouldn't say that if I were with you though. I would listen. And cry with you.

And hug you.

And maybe tomorrow, gently say those words...

pamela maddox said...

Oh Lapa D... I'm sorry for the hole I your heart for Pedro. He lived you dearly. You were such a ray of light. I pray you feel Gods ray of light shining into the sad place today. Lve you friend😪💜

Laura said...

Oh Georgia, this is so kind of you. I could sense your kind heart and compassion I really, truly appreciate it.
Pamelita, Thank you so much, I've always treasured that you and Heidi got to meet him, that means so much to me. Love you!