Friday, August 15, 2014

Loom Banding Has Arrived in Mozambique ~Thanks to Keenan Davis! (and the Buttershaw Team!)

IMG_3776

My talented friend, Keenan told me all about Loom Bracelets (and necklaces, and key chains and dog leashes, etc) while I was in the US in November.  His mom, my amazing friend Jen, and he decided that my boys had to have Rainbow Looms of their own to create to their hearts delight!

IMG_3777

We went directly to the shop and they bought us FOUR looms, several accessories and EVERY color of loops for Christmas for the boys!  Generous hearts!IMG_3778

Well, yes, I do realize it’s AUGUST!  But no one seemed to know how to teach them and I wasn’t up for YouTube tutorials on bracelet making.  I knew the time would come!

IMG_3779IMG_3781

Well the day finally arrived when the Buttershaw Team arrived, with two little girls and loads of Rainbow Looms and accessories of their own!  They came prepared to do them with our kids, yay!  So I quickly made a plan for them to come teach my boys and even the Littlies caught on!

IMG_3784IMG_3785

Since I had an absolute plethora (love that word!) of Rainbow Loom items, I told the team to use theirs for the other kids in the center but please just come teach my boys.  And they did, three afternoons in a row, for my three separate rooms!

IMG_3786

So fun!  They were all enthralled!

Keenan, everyone agrees though that the looms were a bit hard for my age boys and they did a lot better on their fingers.

What do you think, should I keep them trying at the looms, does it get easier?

Thanks Keenan, Jen and Dwight for your generous gift and thanks Buttershaw for your generous time and patience!

No comments: