Sunday, August 17, 2014

Thank You Buttershaw Team!

IMG_3824

We recently had a lovely team from England here, from Buttershaw Baptist Church. 

IMG_3842I was thrilled to discover that the team leader, Liz and her husband (the pastor) and three kids had visited eight years ago and I remembered them!  Our conversations made a lasting impression on me and I thought of them often because they left me one of my favorite books for the boys, The Stories Jesus Told.  So fun to see Rebekah, there to the left with her mom looking on, eight years later!

 

They were a great blessing to us in Zimpeto and to me and my boys especially.  They prayed, cleaned, prayed, encouraged, gave, served, cried, painted and played some more!

IMG_3844IMG_3846IMG_3854

The Stich family – our Rainbow Loom bracelet instructors!

10472797_1450893995172247_79937604471545712_n

Big-Hearted Tony helping paint the windows in my dorm – I think the whole team took a turn at it, and they look wonderful!

IMG_3845

I took one look at Josh and knew he needed to be hanging out with my boys – nothing like a guy to throw my boys around, wrestle with them, splash them in the ocean, let them climb on him, etc. 

His dad Dave came along for the ride and turned out to be just as big a kid as Josh. 

They joined us for a lot of activities and the boys had a lot of fun with them!IMG_3848IMG_3828IMG_3860

Sadly, I don’t have up close photos of Gentle Helen, Organizing Louise and Hospitality-Calling Maria!  But they’re in the group shot above and were every bit a blessing as those I have photos of.

Thanks for everything Buttershaw and I look forward to staying connected with you! 

PS:  I’m still wondering about this mysterious definition of “soon” you all seem to share over there!

3 comments:

The Reeds said...

How neat to have wonderful people to come and encourage and love on your boys (and you!).

pamela maddox said...

wow! it sounds lovely!! such a blessing for you and the boys. :)

Mana Laura said...

It was indeed, they were wonderful. We have so many amazing visitors, we are blessed. And my boys are so easy to love on, I am the recipient of lots of visitor attention!