Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Guess Who’s Coming for Dinner ~ or Lunch?

DSC_0085 (2)

I’m still learning!  I’m still getting great ideas from all over – directly from the Lord somedays as he plops an idea in my head, something I read online or see somewhere, or in this case, from a kind visitor!

We were chatting about the lack of good quality time with so many boys and she asked if I ever brought them in for a meal together in my house.  You know what?  I never have!  Plenty of meals with a room at a time (11 boys) but never just a meal at my table.  Abby was recalling how that was a priority in her family and the great conversations that developed at the table.

I said “I’m doing it!”

DSC_0086 (2)

So I will be inviting in the “brothers” – not REAL brothers, the brother groups that we created..  I started with big brother Felix and the two “little brothers” he chose, Lulu and Junior.  They came in for lunch.  Most of the time, I will simply bring the plate of whatever all the kids are eating from the kitchen.  Maybe sometimes I will make them something different.  The point is the eating together more than what we are eating.

Their highlight might have to be that they got to use forks instead of spoons.  Who am I kidding?  It was definitely the little chocolate I put out for dessert!

They were awfully quiet – I think they were a bit overawed by eating with my at my table!  Cutie pies!

Who wants to come join us???

2 comments:

The Reeds said...

This is so sweet. I can only imagine how exciting it is for them. Great idea!

daysease said...

What a GREAT idea!!! They look pleased!! and, little chocolates for dessert? Of course that made them smile. That would make ME smile, too. :-)