Sunday, July 12, 2015

Mapa do Mundo!

IMG_5913

We’re studying the Map of the World!  We’ve learned the Seven Continents and the four main oceans – both of which were helped along by my setting them to a little tune. 

We’ve looked at Creation, our planet, globes, maps, and where all the missionaries live.  I don’t pretend they learned all those things perfectly, but they’re learning about them.

IMG_5915

We are going on a journey to visit all the continents!  We will visit the missionaries who are from the different continents.  Sadly, we don’t have anyone here from Asia or Antarctica!

IMG_5922

We’ve made a little suitcase, colored and cut and glued a few essentials in our suitcase, we’ve made passports and plane tickets – we’re set to travel!  Ibrahimo above is writing his name on his plane ticket.  Here in Moz, they use all three of their names – look how long his is!

This is my first attempt at a Unit Study approach to my Afternoon Program.  I still need help figuring out how to include reading, writing and ‘rithmatic.  I did have elements of all of those but want to include it a bit more.  I think I’ll get there!  Any ideas welcome!

IMG_5855

One of the reading exercises we tried is shown above, I cut up the words and then the letters and they had to arrange them in order. 

IMG_5856

And this is the first page of what will be their very own atlas of colored in maps.  Gil looks pretty happy about his!

2 comments:

Jodi Mowery said...

Excellent lesson Laura!

CookingMadness said...

Good Job